Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Back From Vacation!


I haven't been blogging for the last week or so because I was on a family vacation in Disney World! We had an absolute blast - and we'll definitely be back soon! If you have small children like I do, you know what a big deal Disney World is. They say it's the happiest place on earth...and I can't argue with that!

So the question is...Did I keep it low-carb while on my trip? The answer is "YES"! In fact, I'm down another pound after Disney to take my scale number to 163 lbs. It's always harder to eat the way you'd like to when you're traveling or on vacation. It's the equivalent of dining out for every meal - not exactly the recipe for healthy eating! But there are always things you can eat that are low-carb...even inside a theme park. Skip the fried food & pizzas and enjoy a bunless cheeseburger topped with lettuce, tomato, and onion. Skip the ice cream and opt for a filling chicken caesar salad. Instead of a bag of chips, go for a handful of nutrient-dense nuts. And of course, stay away from all those sugary sodas! Drink water instead!

Now that I'm back at home, I'll have a lot more control over what food is available to me. But it's nice to know that even in a theme park situation, you can always find something low-carb to eat to keep you on track...so at the very least you won't GAIN weight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home