Wednesday, March 15, 2006

American Idol Challenge - Phase II !


Heather DeLuca and I tied in the first phase of our annual American Idol Challenge. Now that we're into the Top 12, Phase II begins! Here's how it works. Heather and I both listed the contestants in the order we think they'll finish - numbering them from #12 (first eliminated) to #1 (winner). Each week, when a contestant is eliminated, we'll compare the spot they finished at to the spot where we predicted they'd finish. The difference between the two equals the number of points scored. We'll tally points each week so we can see who's winning. Just like golf, whoever has the LOWEST score at the end will win our Challenge. Here are some examples: Paul picks Chris Daughtry as #1. He actually finishes #3...Paul gets two points. Heather picks Ace to finish #9. He actually finishes at #5. Heather gets 4 points. Got all that? Get your calculators ready! Here are our selections...Keep in mind we made our picks BEFORE last night's performances!

PAUL

#12 Melissa
#11 Bucky
#10 Kevin
#9 Mandisa
#8 Elliott
#7 Lisa
#6 Paris
#5 Kellie
#4 Taylor
#3 Ace
#2 Katharine
#1 Chris


HEATHER

#12 Bucky
#11 Melissa
#10 Kevin
#9 Ace
#8 Kellie
#7 Paris
#6 Elliott
#5 Lisa
#4 Katharine
#3 Taylor
#2 Mandisa
#1 Chris

As you can see, we both pick Chris Daughtry to win. Outside of that, the only other pick we agree on is Kevin finishing at #10. Most of the others are close...but there are BIG differences on how we picked Mandisa, Ace, and to a lesser extent, Kellie. So it the winner will likely be the person who has those contestants pegged correctly. And that person is ME (sorry Heather)!

What do YOU think? Whose list looks better? What's YOUR list? Click on COMMENTS below to let me know what you think!

7 Comments:

At 9:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Paul,
Other than your spot for Ace and Mandissa, I think you're pretty close!!! Although...you know that once there are 6 or 7 contestants left, there are always upsets. I do like Chris...but I don't think he has the versatility as some of the other contestants. My vote for the finale is my favorite...Katharine. But...Chris will probably be there too.
Karen O.

 
At 9:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Paul,
Other than your spot for Ace and Mandissa, I think you're pretty close!!! Although...you know that once there are 6 or 7 contestants left, there are always upsets. I do like Chris...but I don't think he has the versatility as some of the other contestants. My vote for the finale is my favorite...Katharine. But...Chris will probably be there too.
Karen O.

 
At 2:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going with Heather's list. Although she already got her first pick wrong, I have faith in her!! According to various polls, Ace is just not that popular anymore so I can't see him staying til #3 like Paul says. And Mandisa is a popular favorite so I can't see her going at #9 either. Heather's list is going to be the one that comes out in the end, despite getting the first one wrong!

 
At 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I FEEL THE CONTESTANTS ELEMINATION WILL BE AS FOLLOWED...

12- MELISSA
11- BUCKY
10- KEVIN
09- LISA
08- KELLIE
07- ACE
06- ELLIOT
05- TAYLOR
04- PARIS
03- KATHY
02- MANDISA
01- CHRIS

 
At 6:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul,
I think you will gain alot of points with Mandissa. You are way off on that one.

Cheryl

 
At 9:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

Unfortunately, I know you're right about my Mandisa pick. I'm probably going to lose a lot of ground on that one - so hopefully the rest of my picks will be able to make up for it! It looks like Ace turned it around this week - thank goodness. He's the other big wildcard in this Challenge!

Paul

 
At 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Paul i must say I think Heather's list is alot closer to what i was thinking from the beginning! P.S bucky has got to Go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home