Sunday, February 05, 2006

I've Seen A Million Faces...


Wow! Bon Jovi ROCKED Boardwalk Hall last night! Thanks to everyone at Island Records for their generosity in hooking us up with all those on stage passes for our listeners! Many thanks to the crew at Boardwalk Hall for making sure everything ran smoothly from start to finish. All of us at WAYV are very proud to be associated with Bon Jovi. There aren't many artists out there that elicit the kind of response we get from our listeners everytime we do something with Bon Jovi. Thanks to all of our on stage winners for wearing the shirts - it was like a sea of WAYV up there on that stage last night! Also thanks to eveyone who made signs that DIDN'T get picked to join us on stage last night...and there were lots of them! We appreciate you showing you WAYV colors...I just wish we could have taken you ALL up on stage with us!


The view from the stage is an amazing one - not only beacuse you're just feet away from the guys in the band...but because you really get sense of what it's like to BE in the band when you're looking out at a sea of faces. We had lots of happy WAYV listeners last night...and we're thrilled to be able to give these kinds of opportunities to you. I'd say the most satisfying part of my job is being able to do these kinds of things for people. It's obvious that Bon Jovi means SO much to some people. We had listeners break down and cry in the radio station lobby when they found out we were upgrading them to on stage passes. Being able to bring that kind of joy to someone is like nothing else in the world. So - we will keep these kinds of promotions going. We pride ourselves on being able to give you prizes that money can't buy, and that you otherwise would not be able to experience. Speaking of which (plug alert), we've got your exclusive opportunity to meet INXS all day today on WAYV. They're doing a "WAYV Presents" show at Borgata on Saturday - and we've got your free tickets and backstage passes - so tune in!

Have A Nice Day!

2 Comments:

At 2:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Paul. I was at the concert Saturday night. I saw the WAYV booth when I walked in and the lucky listeners on the stage. I was one of the unlucky listeners who tried to get backstage passes. I already had tickets that my husband gave me for Christmas (that was lucky though--they were pretty decent seats). I tried to see if winners were listed on the website. How and when were winners notified? My husband saw Bon Jovi back in the 80's on Jones Beach, and they were Boo'd off the stage--so glad they kept the faith. They still look and sound great all these years. I just wish Jon could have popped out in front of me Saturday night or at least brushed by me on the way back to the stage(we were on the one side he didn't come out!) Boardwalk Hall was a nice intimate venue to see them in--Best concert I've ever been too!!! Keep playing Jon and the boys on the station. WAYV is a great station with the best DJ's.

 
At 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary!

I thought the show was really good! We notified all our on-stage winners via both e-mail and telephone late last week. Sorry you weren't one of them!

Listen for their newest song "Who Says You Can't Go Home" on WAYV. When I saw the reaction that song got at the concert I asked myself, "Why are we not playing this song more on WAYV?!" You'll be hearing it quite a bit now!

It's Alright!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home