Monday, May 15, 2006

Idol Shocker !


Wow. No one saw that coming. Idol favorite Chris Daughtry has been eliminated - and no one knows what to make out of it...except me. The way I see it, the American Idol voting system is flawed. Instead of voting for your "favorite" - people should be asked to vote for the person they think should be eliminated. This would absolutely fix the problem of the best contestants getting eliminated too early. The only downside is that Seacrest wouldn't be able to boast about "40 million votes" anymore because I'm sure the number of votes would go down. Chris Daughtry got eliminated because people figured "He's safe. I don't NEED to vote for him - even though I think he should win". The same thing happened to Stacy Keibler on ABC's "Dancing With The Stars".

Now that Chris is gone - who's the new favorite? The oddsmakers are saying Taylor Hicks - but I'm just not sure who's gonna win now! It'll be interesting to see if Idol's ratings take a dip this week. There may be people who lose interest now that Chris is out. We'll see!

What do YOU think? Click on "Comments" below to sound off!

3 Comments:

At 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Paul, however, I think that Chris getting voted off was a blessing in disguise. Once his contractual obligations to Idol are done with at the end of this year, he will be free to create the record he's always wanted to and maybe even front an already established band. I, as a HUGE Chris fan, believe this was the best thing that could have happened to him. It won't be long before we see him on the New Releases shelves at FYE. :) As for who I think will win now, Taylor Hicks.

 
At 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're right on about Chris. Although he's gonna be better off as a solo act rather than joining up with Fuel. Here's a nice piece of advice to Chris from Rob Thomas - "As good as a band as they are," Rob says, "You're going to be the biggest thing about them. And if that's going to happen, maybe the best thing for you is to be Chris Daughtry."

 
At 6:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't beleve he got booted off. He was my fravorite. I think Catherine should of gotten sent home. I wish Chris all the luck in the world. I son't think he needs it though. Now i'm voting for taylor. He's a good singer and performer. well thanks for listening.lol. Have a safe and happy holiday. take care. regina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home